Requirements for Employment
Developmental Enrichment Centers is committed to providing the very best level of care to those we serve and support. Part of this commitment, is having the highest quality employees who have been trained at a level that far exceeds the state minimum guidelines. Developmental Enrichment Centers’ requirements for employment require that each employee must successfully pass a national background check, an extensive screening process prior to employment and attend new hire orientation with includes training in Infection Control/Universal Precautions.
- Completed employment application with (3) non-family member references.
- Contact information on current and past employers.
- Must obtain a class one fingerprint clearance card and pass a national background check.
- Complete and have notorized a criminal history self-disclosure statement.
- Provide proper identification to verify U.S. Citizenship employment eligibility.
- Must provide a current negative TB skin test or chest x-ray result.
- Valid Arizona Drivers licence and copy of your MVD report for past 39 months.
- Provide proof of full coverage automobile insurance on personal vehicle.
- Must provide copy of current vehicle registration.
Training Requirements for Direct Support Providers:
Before an employee can begin working with any of our clients, they must complete the following trainings.
- Article 9
- CPR/First Aid
- Client Intervention Training Level One and Two (if relevant to position)
- New Hire Orientation
To ensure the safety of both our clients and staff, within the first 90 days of employment, all staff are required to complete Medication Administration and Safe transport of Individuals with Disabilities classes. Mandatory monthly training’s are designed to further develop the staff knowledge and skills as Direct Support Providers. These classes are not considered paid work time.